Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 7

I guess I can say that I came up with my first original Paleo recipe.  I am calling it:


MEXICAN CHICKEN STIR FRY


Ingredients:
2 tbsp EVOO (or other more Paleo oil.  EVOO is all I had)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
6 small mushrooms, quartered (I used portobello)
approx. 10-12 cherry tomatoes
approx 1 lb. grilled chicken, cut into 1/2-1 inch chunks
2-3 oz. organic salsa.

Sauté the garlic, onion, pepper, tomatoes, and mushrooms in the oil for about 15 minutes.  Add the grilled chicken and salsa (already warmed up in the microwave) to the sauté mix and stir in.  Let simmer for another 2-4 minutes.


OK, so basically, as you can probably tell, I basically just threw all my favorite ingredients together and hoped it turned out well.  I was afraid it was going to be a train-wreck all the way up until we sat down to eat it.  Had just the right amount of spice from the salsa, but still tasted fresh from the vegetables.

Mal and I are still really enjoying the diet.  We are both down in weight a significant amount, will post the numbers tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. looks yummo...minus the bell pepper for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat that. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHERE DA PICS? NEED TO SEE PROGRESS, GRASSHOPPA!

    ReplyDelete