Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 26

Well, I can now write a post about the importance of sticking to the diet.  I have had a week of "fudging" (although I ate no actual fudge) and I can definitely tell it.

On Friday, I said hello to my first baked good and processed sugar in over three weeks in the form of a cupcake that someone brought to work to share.  Then, on Friday night, Mal and I went out to Texas Roadhouse with her family and I enjoyed (briefly) some fried onion, non-Paleo caesar salad, a big, buttery 16-oz. NY Strip and some buttery steamed veggies.  Almost immediately after leaving the restaurant, I felt the crappiest that I had felt all month.

Saturday went better until the evening when I went with a couple friends to hear a bluegrass band and enjoyed my first soda in a few weeks.  Again, I immediately felt crappy for a few hours.

Finally, on Sunday afternoon and band practice, we were served some of the most delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies (I had three) and hand squeezed lemonade (I had about a gallon and a half).  This had a worse effect on me than any of my previous departures.  For the rest of the day (and last night) I just felt aweful (i.e., no energy, bloated, uncomfortable, etc.).

Now, this morning, I am up to 162.5 lbs when I started last week at about 158.5.  I am actually looking forward to eating nothing today but good fresh fruits, veggies, and a little protein, probably some grilled chicken.

I need to get that healthy feeling back.  It's like a drug!

1 comment:

  1. The food hangover is worse than the flu.

    ReplyDelete