Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 27

I had my first significant endurance workout today since starting the Paleo diet.  I had read plenty of testimonies of endurance athletes who said they suffered no ill effects since starting the Paleo lifestyle, but I was still a little apprehensive due to the lack of carbs in the diet.

Anyway, I strolled out the door this morning about 7:30 for a leisurely 7-mile run.  The first couple miles were pretty tough, mainly because I haven't really run in a few weeks and I had to find my stride again, but once I got in my groove, it felt great.  I took no water or fuel with me, and I still felt fine at the end (at least in energy).  I felt pretty winded, but that was not for lack of energy, that was for having little aerobic training in the last couple months.

I guess the real test will be this weekend when I run the Andrew Jackson Half-Marathon in Jackson, TN. 7-miles is one thing, but 13.1 is quite a different beast.

1 comment:

  1. And he did the half in 1:53 in hot temps. Impressive given no training, impressive even with training.

    The Dad.

    ReplyDelete