Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 3

Today will be a day of success and failure.

SUCCESS:

First, at this moment, there is a Paleo mushroom quiche in the oven.  This will not only be the first time I have cooked a Paleo quiche, it will be my first quiche, period.  I am excited and encouraged by all the possibilities of new foods for me to try and to prepare.

Second, lunch today consisted of a grilled chicken salad with the rest of my homemade balsamic vinaigrette on it.  I am loving that dressing.  It's tasty, easy to make, and makes me feel like I accomplished something (even if I really didn't do all that much).

FAILURE:

I already know that dinner this evening will be a departure from our diet.  Members of our LifeGroup from church are meeting at a catfish house tonight for dinner.  I am planning on ordering some sort of grilled seafood and steamed veggies as a side, but I fully expect my fish will not be prepared to Paleo specifications.  Also, I am not fully confident in my ability to withstand the bottomless white beans, relish, and HUSHPUPPIES that will precede the meal.  I guess we will just see tonight.

On a side note...

I am torn about my daily coffee.  I will be the first to admit that I have a borderline extreme coffee addiction.  I start EVERY day with a half pot of strong black coffee and occasionally treat myself to a another post-lunch or post-dinner cup or two, when available.

At this point, coffee is my only significant non-Paleo habit.  I know I could give it up if I wanted to, I just can't decide if it is worth it.  If my quality of life will be basically the same after giving up coffee, I would just as soon keep enjoying my daily habit.  But if I am going to notice a significant change for the better by cutting it out, I might be willing to give it a shot.  Would love to hear any thoughts on this, whether you have done the Paleo thing or not.

Ready...... GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment