Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 1

So far so good.  Got up in time to scramble (in olive oil) a couple eggs for breakfast.  Took my coffee black which, I know, is not Paleo, but I'm not hardcore enough to give up my coffee just yet (at least it grows on trees).

Had a mandarin orange for a mid-morning snack, then met Mal for lunch, which consisted of a piece of grilled chicken breast, a pear, two more mandarin oranges, and half a bag of steam-fresh broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.  Now, at about 12:45, I am feeling fully satiated and quite alert, which is unusual for me right after lunch.

Dinner tonight will be some combination of grilled shrimp and vegetables with probably another piece of fruit for dessert.

Mal and I took our "Before" pics last night.  I plan on posting mine (eventually) but I think I will wait until a little progress is made so I an post a comparison pic rather than just some pictures of "chunky me" wearing my Tri-shorts.  So you can look forward to "Before" and "After" pics in the future.

4 comments:

  1. BTW, those shrimps are GREAT with some bacon wrapped around them. And bacon = paleo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth. We ended up just sauteeing them EVOO with black pepper and lemon juice. They was GOOD. Side of baked asparagus with a cup of fresh strawberries for dessert.

      Delete
  2. A little Almond Milk (I think it is Paleo legal) over your strawberries is delicious!

    Our favorite meal since January 1 has been bacon wrapped shrimp! No need to even spray the pan. I sprinkle a little Creole seasoning on them but you wouldn't have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought some Almond milk, but haven't used any yet. Sounds like a good way to try it out.

      Thanks for the tip!

      Delete