Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 2

Not quite as enthusiastic as yesterday.  Fighting some strong cravings for some grains and sweets today.

Breakfast was a hard-boiled egg and coffee.  Lunch was basically the same as yesterday: grilled chicken breast, half a bag of steam-fresh broccoli, 2 cups of grapes, and 2 mandarin oranges (that's a lot, I know).

Had a banana as an afternoon snack, then Mal gilled a couple pieces of salmon and I made a Paleo balsamic vinaigrette, which made pretty good salmon salads with fresh tomatoes and mushrooms (pic coming soon).

A friend who has had some success on the Paleo diet sent me a GREAT supply of recipes and meal plans.  Really looking forward to fixing some spinach quiche, homemade Paleo protein bars, and baked carrot chips.

Gotta brag on my dad for a minute.  I don't know how long he has been Paleo, but he texted me this afternoon and let me know that he is currently down 20 pounds and down 6.2% body fat.  He's a beast.  Pat him on his skinny back when you see him.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the props. I don't feel beastly, but I'm feeling rather fit. Tends to make me a little arrogant...

    ReplyDelete